silvercat17 (
silvercat17) wrote in
rainbowlounge2026-10-09 10:12 pm
Entry tags:
A RainbowFic Roundup
I'm trying something new to get more interaction from our members.
Posts from the last two weeks:
Shattered Dreams (Part 6) by thisbluespirit
Not Connected Properly by dray
Shattered Dreams (Part 7) by thisbluespirit
Top commenters
persiflage_1 2
sovay 2
thisbluespirit 1
paradoxcase 2
dray 1
The top commenter with 5 or more substantial comments* will get a novelty bead.
* that is, more than "I like this" or "this is cool" - something that indicates you read it
Promote any challenges or communities that RainbowFic members might be interested in - writing, art, crafts, whatever, that's not solely for fandoms.
I also run
justcreate and you're all welcome there for encouragement on both creative and non-creative endeavors!
Current challenges:
Challenge: Dolly White and Curry Black
Do you have any questions or suggestions for
rainbowfic,
rainbowlists, and
rainbowlounge. This includes 'how does this work?', 'does this supply or style count for this?' and 'what are the limits on this?'
I'm currently working on:
Candlelight and Galactic Glam - two new colors
updating all the lists with good html and a plain text version
Next on the to-do list:
adding links to definitions to the lists that could use them
Have you promoted RainbowFic to your creative friends lately?
Posts from the last two weeks:
Shattered Dreams (Part 6) by thisbluespirit
Not Connected Properly by dray
Shattered Dreams (Part 7) by thisbluespirit
Top commenters
persiflage_1 2
sovay 2
thisbluespirit 1
paradoxcase 2
dray 1
The top commenter with 5 or more substantial comments* will get a novelty bead.
* that is, more than "I like this" or "this is cool" - something that indicates you read it
Promote any challenges or communities that RainbowFic members might be interested in - writing, art, crafts, whatever, that's not solely for fandoms.
I also run
Current challenges:
Challenge: Dolly White and Curry Black
Do you have any questions or suggestions for
I'm currently working on:
Candlelight and Galactic Glam - two new colors
updating all the lists with good html and a plain text version
Next on the to-do list:
adding links to definitions to the lists that could use them
Have you promoted RainbowFic to your creative friends lately?

no subject
I mean, if it's been long enough since you last did it, you could re-promote it at the relevant general Dreamwidth promo comms?
I link back to my fic here from my journal, & I've mentioned the comm plenty of times; it's just not something my flist is into, and that's an ever-shrinking circle anyway.
(Also, since some current commenters are kind friends of various of us dropping by to read, giving them novelty beads might well put them off - it could feel like being pressured, co-opted or just being seen where they didn't want to be, if you know what I mean. It's a very nice idea, but should maybe be reserved for those who are
A current challenge is Whumptober on tumblr, which I'm pretty sure allows original works, and there are a few other October prompt months going on, and most of those could be handy pastels? There's always a month-prompt type fest going on somewhere on tumblr!
no subject
Probably a good idea re: novelty beads.